Another interesting box from Frog Song this week. A real African theme, which befits Florida in the summer.
- Seminole Pumpkin, a few things come to mind; wonderful ravioli stuffed with pumpkin, or a classic pumpkin pie, or perhaps a cold pumpkin soup.
- Sweet potato vines, we have lots of these in the garden. Perhaps a stir fry, but I am also going to see if I can find some African recipes for these.
- Okra, another African vegetable, since we also got eggs this time, I think another okra frittata is on the cards.
- Chinese eggplant, time for another steamed eggplant with chili sauce, perhaps paired with the sweet potato vine stir fry?
- Cucumbers, lovely in a simple salad with lemon and olive oil at this time of year.
- Eggs! Including Bethany’s favorite a blue Ameraucana egg.
- Roselle, hibiscus sabdariffa is another African native and great for hibiscus tea, but also makes a nice jam, cordial, or the Jamaican Christmas drink, sorrel.
Stay tuned for recipes.